Saturday, April 4, 2015

How to Cook Pasta in a Microwave

       If you know me you know I like pasta... a lot! So it seemed fitting to me that one of my first posts include pasta. Although the dining hall at my school offers pasta I am not always able to have it the way I like it because there is a limited selection of what I can put on it. So as I recently said, it never dawned on me before that I could make meals in my dorm in spite of the kitchen situation so I never thought I could make my own pasta dishes. It is possible though and now you'll know how to too!

 First you will need your pasta and a microwave safe bowl or container large enough for the pasta.
 Once you have put your pasta in the bowl fill the bowl with water. Fill the bowl until the water is a little higher than the pasta. (You can add salt to the water if you like).
 
Next put the bowl in the microwave. If you are worried about the water spilling over you can set the bowl on top of a plate. You will set the microwave for ten minutes but make sure to pause it and stir the pasta about halfway through the cook time to prevent the pasta from sticking. Then let the pasta continue cooking for the remainder of the ten minutes.

After the ten minutes is up take the bowl out of the microwave. Be careful because it will probably  be hot. Taste a piece of pasta to make sure it is cooked the way you like it. Now you can either pour the contents of the bowl into a stainer or use a slotted spoon to separate the pasta from the water. And that's it, all that's left now is to clean up and eat (or eat and then clean up, whatever order you prefer)! You can now just add whatever sauce and toppings you like. I will have a list of and recipes for a variety of toppings for pasta up on the blog in the future.
Pasta cooked in the microwave


        

No comments:

Post a Comment